Applicants must be 15-30 years old.
- Some post-secondary education – preferably in Human Services/Social Work and/or Education.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including oral and written.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Must relate to all in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft software programs, including Publisher.
- Familiarity with social media.
- Require minimal supervision.
- Awareness of poverty issues.
- Good organizational skills.
- Current Emergency First Aid/CPR certificate an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Records Search.
- Provide intake, screening and referral for persons experiencing poverty, homelessness or other hardship or injustice.
- Business community research and networking.
- Assist in executing community campaigns.
- Update blog and Facebook pages.
- General administrative duties.
- May include assisting people with developmental disabilities with paper delivery.
Position Start date: June 10, 2019
Hours: 35 hours per week for 8 weeks
Compensation: $15.00 per hour
Application Deadline: May 20, 2019 by 4:00pm
Please e-mail application including a cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Custom Fit Program Manager
Nelson CARES Society is an equal opportunity employer. All internal candidates will be contacted as to the status of their applications. All external applicants will only be contacted if short-listed for an interview.