Nelson CARES Society is a not-for-profit organization that provides programs and initiatives in advocacy,
housing, employment, support services, and environmental stewardship.
The Administrative and Property Management Assistant will work to provide administrative assistance
and tenant support to the Nelson CARES Society Ward Street Place Program. The position will offer
property management, administrative support, building management during the evenings and some
basic tenant support as needed. Other responsibilities will include responding to emergencies and after hours
queries from tenants. The position will be part of a housing team involving the Program and
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the Property Manager to ensure client, maintenance and property records are up-todate.
- Monitor the health and safety of the building – complete building walk through on each shift.
With direction for the Property Manager, conduct periodic unit inspection to ensure health
and safety conditions are being kept in good order.
- Perform other duties as assigned, this will include onsite coverage for Property Managers in
periods of absence and assume on-call duties as required and carry the emergency cell
phone as scheduled.
- Sorts mail and perform other duties as assigned. Be available to assist tenants who have lost
keys, require medical attention, etc.
- Assist in tenant selection, eviction and support. This includes move-in, move-out, annual, and
as-needed unit inspections and semi-annual property walkabouts with the maintenance
- Initiates and records formal communications with tenants both individually and collectively
as needed and directed.
- Monitors and administers the terms and conditions of the tenancy agreements and rules and
regulations. Communicates with tenants regarding rules, regulations or adjustments to the
tenancy. Administers the provisions of the residential tenancy act and other applicable
legislation including arbitration hearings.
For more information on this job posting and on how to apply, please click here.