Nelson CARES Society (NCARES) is a not-for-profit organization that provides programs and initiatives housing, employment, legal information and support services. The Advocacy Centre provides legal information and advocacy to low-income residents of the West Kootenay region and supports to victims of relationship and sexual violence.
The Community-Based Victim Assistance Support Worker reports to the Manager of The Advocacy Centre and the Community-Based Victim Services Program Coordinator. The Victim Support Worker provides:
- emotional support, referrals, information related to the justice system,
- advocacy for:
- adult victims of violence in relationships and sexual assault,
- survivors of childhood physical and sexual abuse,
- child and youth victims of physical and sexual abuse,
- child and youth witnesses of violence in relationships.
Job description is available upon request.
For more on this job posting and how to apply, click here.