Nelson CARES Society (NCARES) is a not-for-profit organization that provides programs and initiatives housing, employment, legal information and support services.
The Advocacy Centre provides legal information and advocacy to low income residents of the West Kootenay region and supports to victims of relationship and sexual violence.
This permanent, part-time position reports to the Manager of The Advocacy Centre and the Community Based Victim Services Program Coordinator. The Victim Support Worker provides:
- emotional support, referrals, information related to the justice system,
- advocacy for:
- adult victims of violence in relationships and sexual assault,
- survivors of childhood physical and sexual abuse,
- child and youth victims of physical and sexual abuse,
- child and youth witnesses of violence in relationships
For more on this job posting and on how to apply, click here.