The Kootenay Seniors Transportation Program Coordinator position is part of Nelson CARES Society’s Kootenay Seniors Program. The Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the program and reports to the Kootenay Seniors Program Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Kootenay Seniors Volunteer Driver Program:
- Recruiting, training and evaluation of volunteer drivers
- Booking rides for seniors and software administration
- Program marketing, development and evaluation
- Advise seniors about transportation service options; provide support, advocacy and referrals.
- Work one-on-one with seniors and their families to help seniors prepare and plan for “Life After Driving.”
- Conduct outreach activities and make presentations throughout the West Kootenays; develop and sustain relationships with senior-serving organizations, transportation services, community services and health care providers; work with community partners to improve service coordination.
- Develop and conduct Transit Orientations and workshops for seniors.
- Work with stakeholders to develop new transportation resources for seniors, such as bus service to Kelowna hospital for medical appointments.
- Develop content for the Kootenay Seniors website Seniors Transportation page, as well as updating the website resource directory with new or changing transportation services and resources.
- Collect project statistics and client data as required, including developing and administering client surveys, and assist the Program Manager with analysis, evaluation and reporting as requested.
- Assist the Program Team with shared responsibilities such as reception and planning the annual Seniors Fair.
For more on this position and on how to apply, click here.