Nelson CARES is embarking on a restoration project of our downtown apartment building, 567 Ward Street, otherwise known as Ward Street Place.
We would like to invite the public who are familiar with the site and have historical information, to please share your stories with us.
In specific we are looking for:
- photos showing the building (even a small portion of it) in any decade, from the early 1910s through to recent years.
- architect and builder
- original layout and appearance
- materials used in construction, in particular the cornice around the top edge of the building which is now missing and we are hoping to restore
- Renovations and physical improvements (does anyone know when the cornice was removed or have photos of its removal?)
- original and subsequent owners
- use and occupants (specially photos of stores in the building over the years, inside and out)
- relationship to adjacent buildings and surrounding community
Please contact us with any information at: email@example.com
We greatly appreciate your support in helping us discover the rich history of this beautiful historic building.
Images must be credited to Touchstones Nelson: Museum of Art and History: