Properties include: Cedar Grove Estates, Copper Mountain Court, Hall Street Place and Lakeside Place
- Go to the BC Housing website and fill out the online application, This is the link to apply: https://www.bchousing.org/housing-assistance/rental-housing/subsidized-housing
- After clicking the link, scroll down and click the “housing registry apply online” button (seen below)
- If you would like to apply to Hall Street Place, Copper Mountain Court, Cedar Grove Estates: select the buildings you would like your application to be added to (this will be one of the seeps in the application process.) IMPORTANT: If you are having trouble selecting the Nelson CARES property that you are interested in, please see this pdf for a workaround while this glitch gets fixed
- Once you have submitted your application, there is a declaration form at the end which you must print out, sign, and send to BC Housing via mail, fax, or upload. This step is important as your application will not be active until it is done.
- You can opt to print out an application and fill it out by hand instead which can be submitted back to BC Housing via mail, fax, or scanned and uploaded. If you do not have a printer, contact BC Housing to get an application mailed to you.
- Once BC Housing has received your application, it takes 10 business days to process.
You will either: receive a letter confirming that your application has been received and you will be given a file number OR receive a letter detailing that you have missed some information on your form
*Keep your file number on hand as it will be necessary to update your application.
When you have an application with BC Housing that is active:
- You must contact BC Housing every 6 months in order to keep your application active
- You must call BC Housing and alert them of any changes to your application (ie: you have had a child, gotten married, had a change in income, lost your housing, etc)
BC Housing Information:
Mail: Suite 101-4555 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5H 4V8
Call Center: Open Monday to Friday 8:30AM-4:30PM
For more information, please visit: https://www.bchousing.org/home